Top 10 Most Read Stories on the New Jersey Scene for the Week of March 13-19, 2022
Here’s a look at the 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of March 13-19, 2022. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several columns and original features, as well as press releases for events taking place throughout the state and neighboring areas like Philadelphia and New York. This week’s Top Ten includes articles covering seven New Jersey counties (Camden, Essex, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and Passaic).
1) Newark Mayor Launches Neighborhood Investment Program – (NEWARK, NK) – On March 11, 2022, Newark Mayor Ras J. Baraka announced the launch of his Neighborhood Investment Program with the issuance of an 820,000 Request for Proposals (RFP) $ for initiatives that strengthen Newark’s trade corridors and help small businesses recover from the effects of COVID-19. The Neighborhood Investment Program, administered by the Department of Economic Development and Housing (EHD), is a critical part of Mayor Baraka’s $8.8 million equitable economic stimulus plan to strengthen Newark’s economy. and providing assistance to the communities hardest hit by the pandemic.
2) Light of Day Winterfest Announces Asbury Angels Class of 2022 — (ASBURY PARK, NJ) — Light of Day WinterFest 2022 has announced the Asbury Angels Class of 2022 and inductees include Andrew “Hood” Kafafian, Kerry Layton, Jonathan T. Richardson and Billy Ryan. The inductees will be recognized tonight at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park by Eileen Chapman, Jean Mikle and Tony Pallagrosi.
3) Melba Wilson is bringing her signature Harlem restaurant to Newark – (NEWARK, NJ) – On March 9, 2022, Mayor Ras J. Baraka and Melba Wilson announced that the restaurateur will bring her restaurant Melba’s to downtown Newark, with Melba’s 550 at 550 Broad Street opening later This year.
4) Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” uses New Jersey as a backdrop – (NEWARK, NJ) – Steven Spielberg’s reimagining of the legendary “West Side Story” was filmed on location on the streets of Paterson and Newark. The film, which is already garnering positive reviews from critics, marks Spielberg’s musical debut and his third shoot in New Jersey.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
5) Chris Rock and Kevin Hart will co-headline shows in July – Chris Rock and Kevin Hart have announced a series of five iconic co-headlining shows – ROCK HART: ONLY ALLOWED EXHAUST HEAD – taking place in July. The tour includes shows at the Prudential Center in Newark, Madison Square Garden in New York, the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn – all shows are July 22-25.
6) Sexy Modern Love Story Online Billie premieres at the New Jersey Film Festival on Friday, September 20, 2019 – Here is the interview I did with the director of Online Billie, Lou Assous.
7) The theater company Exit 82 opens the 2022 season with “First Date” – (TOMS RIVER, NJ) — Exit 82 Theater Company opens its 2022 season with First date. When blind date newbie Aaron is set up with serial dater Casey, a casual drink at a bustling New York restaurant turns into a hilarious, high-stakes dinner party. As the date unfolds in real time, the couple quickly realizes that they are not alone on this unpredictable evening. Can this couple turn what could be a romantic disaster into something special before the check arrives? Performances take place over two weekends (March 18-20 and March 25-27).
8) The Ritz Theater Company Announces 2022-23 Season – (HADDON TOWNSHIP, NJ) – After a triumphant “grand reopening” in September and amid a booming comeback season, The Ritz Theater Company is aiming to make a splash in the coming months, officially announcing a new season that will strengthens the organization. ongoing commitment to “embrace the diversity in our stories and those who share them”.
9) Mother’s Day Good Music Festival at the Prudential Center features The Isley Brothers, Keith Sweat, Monica and SWV – (NEWARK, NJ) — SJ Presents The Good Music Festival of Mother’s Day with iconic multi-platinum and Grammy-winning artists The Isley Brothers, Keith Sweat, Monica and SWV at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Friday, May 6 at 8:00 p.m.
10) Artist Kelly Sullivan to Reopen Historic Lambertville Theater as Strand Arts: An Enterprising Art House – (LAMBERTVILLE, NJ) – The historic building, The Strand Theatre, which was destroyed by fire 50 years ago in Lambertville, New Jersey, will be brought back to life thanks to local artist, Kelly Sullivan. The iconic theater located on the oldest street in the bustling Lambertville shopping district is set to open in spring 2023 as Strand Arts; An enterprising art house. Recreated and reinvented by Sullivan, the revival of the grand old gem reinforces her commitment to creating a high quality performance/art space for community residents and visitors.
Event previews are still one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first post them, and then again when they’re brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place – sometimes even months later. Make sure your events are previewed by sending us press releases to [email protected] – for even more promotion, check out our advertising rates which range from $50 to $100 for a full month of advertising. It’s the best deal around!